Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ancestor Week #2- Walter Edward Clark

Walter was my maternal Grandfather.  He was born September 15, 1913, in Corsica, PA to Thomas Edward and Catherine Maria Songer Clark.  He was one of seven children.  On May 11, 1935 he married Sarah Elizabeth Beveridge, with whom he adopted 2 children before he died April 26, 1968 at only 54 years old.
During his life he played the bagpipes and enjoyed celebrating his Celtic heritage.  At the graveside service at St. Ann's Church in Corsica, PA, a lone bagpiper played at the top of the hill.  Nobody in the family knew who it was, or who arranged it.
I don't know much about Walter, my mother was only 6 years old when he died.  I know he was a good man, though.  I know that after his parents died he and my grandmother took in his sister Edna, who was deaf and mute, and they cared for her for the rest of her life.  I also know that anyone my grandmother loved so much had to be a wonderful person.

All I know about this picture is that it is my grandfather, that tag was glued to it when I found it, so I left it there, hoping someone, someday might be able to explain it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment